Do you cringe when your children ask you, "What's for dinner, Mom?" It is a horrible feeling for dinnertime to roll around and you have no idea what you're going to feed your expectant family. Well, take heart, because Lorrie had this problem too, but now she has all kinds of tips, ideas, and knowledge to help you be successful in the kitchen! You will absolutely love this book from Eternal Encouragement, and even if you are a seasoned cook, you will probably find something to help you in the kitchen.
What a wonderful book to review for this month's Gabby Moms mission! What's for Dinner, Mom? --Practical and Easy Ideas to Encourage Moms to Minister from Their Kitchens, was written by Mrs. Lorrie Flem to help you become an expert in the kitchen, all while keeping your heart focused on this important gift of love to your family.
Take a look at some of what is included:
- A bulk-cooking plan that won't scare you away!
- Excellent tips to save you money while shopping for food
- Storage ideas for all your kitchen needs and lots of organization help
- All you need to know about freezing foods
- A whole chapter devoted to kitchen gadget information--what is necessary and what isn't
- Ways to save time and ways to get the children involved (very important!)
- And several chapters of recipes (this is the second half of the book)! These include meatless entrees, chicken recipes, pork dinners, beef meals, crock pot meals, soups and sauces, breads, salads and side dishes, and desserts
I enjoyed the scriptures sprinkled throughout, as well as the cute illustrations that make this book even more heart-warming. I was helped a lot by all the information given to explain how to have meals on hand for company or other needs. I find it especially necessary to have meals already prepared when we are going to have a newborn in our home. I will be using this information I've learned in the coming months and am so appreciative to Lorrie for writing this amazing and helpful book!
This gem of a kitchen helper is a printed book that is spiral bound, which makes it so easy to keep open on your kitchen counter when you're using the recipes. And guess what? You can even win your own copy of this wonderful book. If my review post is chosen as the winner for this month, one of my readers will also get a copy of What's for Dinner, Mom? of her very own! To enter, just leave a comment here by June 23rd with a way to contact you if you win.
I reviewed this product for free for The Gabby Moms program, but my opinions expressed here are completely my own, honest opinions.
Receive Blessed Homemaking in your inbox. Subscribe here.
Sounds like a precious cookbook!ReplyDelete
Yes, and so much more than just a cookbook!Delete
Sounds like a great resource for new brides! Would make a great shower gift.ReplyDelete
What a lovely cookbook this seems to be. I would love to add that to my collection!ReplyDelete
You are so right, this is much more than a cook bookReplyDelete
Yes, it sure is!Delete
I love Lorrie Flem's ideas.ReplyDelete