I have been doing a whole house cleaning--first decluttering, and then cleaning, as part of my homemaking class. It is great to get rid of stuff and simplify, keeping only what we really need. That makes it so much easier to clean! Now, I haven't tackled our children's rooms yet--that will be a challenge I'm sure.
Since I like to clean with homemade concoctions and non-toxic products, I thought I'd share with you how to get your shower curtain nice and shiny again. You will need borax, white vinegar, and your regular laundry detergent. All you need to do is
- Take down your shower curtain(s).
- Put them in the washer
- Add your laundry detergent
- Add some borax (sorry I didn't measure, but just put some in). I find this in the laundry department at Walmart. It comes in a white rectangular box and is a powder. The only brand I know of will say "20 Mule Team Borax" on it. Borax is great to have around because you can use it in many other cleaning recipes; the same with white vinegar.
- Add some white vinegar to the rinse cycle (however much you would use as a fabric softener).
- When the wash cycle is done and your curtain is clean, hang it up to dry, right back in its bathroom home. Don't put it in the dryer or it might get destroyed.
Receive Blessed Homemaking in your inbox. Subscribe here.
Linked to Raising Homemakers