I knew something was wrong last night when the water pressure was very low. I called the water company and was informed there was a break in one of the main pipes. No estimated time for completion. Oh great. Well, I hoped it would be fixed when I and all the children woke up in the morning.
I had written a note for all the bathroom visitors last night:
"There is a problem with the water, so the toilet may not flush and the faucets may not work. There is hand sanitizer in the cabinet for you. Try not to drink too much water (or we will run out).
Really I hoped it would be better in the morning! I will have to call the water company again for an update.
It's things like these that remind you what a blessing it is to have running water!
Without it we cannot
- Wash our hands
- Flush the toilets
- Get a drink of water!
- Take showers and baths
- Wash laundry (thankfully I washed diapers yesterday)
- Cook the oatmeal or really much of anything (we don't eat cereal, and I don't have any)
- Wash dishes
- Brush our teeth
- Get water for cloth wipes (I don't use disposable wipes anymore)
- Put in my contacts (good thing I've been getting used to wearing my glasses with a really old prescription)
- Use our cooler to cool the house
- And I'm sure I'll discover more things when all my children wake up!
Remember to thank the Lord for your running water today! Don't forget to enter to win Season 1 of Courage, New Hampshire.
Receive Blessed Homemaking in your inbox. Subscribe here.