Have you ever thought of making the switch to cloth diapers but thought it would be too messy, too much trouble, or a whole lot of extra laundry? Well I did! I never thought I'd switch to cloth diapers, as I didn't really know anything about them--or at least I didn't know the truth about them!
With our first child we purchased some Chinese pre-folds as we thought we would save money by using cloth instead of disposables. When we received them, I stared at them in disbelief. They didn't look anything like "diapers" to me! Unfortunately, I had no one around to explain how they worked, and so for years we have been using those diapers as burp cloths while diapering our babies in disposables.
(Purchasing through links in this post will support this site--thank you!)
Recently I had a few friends who had made the switch to cloth and had shared some things with me, but before I made the big decision to switch, I got Confessions of a Cloth Diaper Convert and was convinced of just how easy it is to cloth diaper. Confessions of a Cloth Diaper Convert is an excellent ebook written by Erin Odom of The Humbled Homemaker that explains everything about cloth diapers. And I mean everything! I decided what cloth diapers would be best for us, purchased what I needed and have never looked back. I do not miss going to the disposable diaper section of the store at all!
I so much wish Confessions of a Cloth Diaper Convert had been around years ago! My family could have saved thousands of dollars with all the money we wouldn't have been spending every week on purchasing diapers, and all my little babies would have been covered in cloth instead of chemically-laden disposable diapers (I really was shocked to learn what is in them that gets onto our babies' skin and into their bodies). Erin's book is over 200 pages and covers
- How and why Erin made the switch and why you might want to also
- All the different kinds of cloth diapers and their advantages and disadvantages
- What type of cloth diaper may be best for you
- How to clean the different kinds of cloth diapers when you first wash them and then after use
- Cost of the different types
- Building a cloth diaper stash
- Establishing a cloth diaper routine
- Cloth diapering from newborn to potty training
- Cloth diapering at night (you can do that too!)
- Overcoming any cloth diapering challenge
- Travelling with cloth diapers
- And more!
Confessions of a Cloth Diaper Convert is also part of the Natural Mothering ebook Bundle.
Receive Blessed Homemaking in your inbox. Subscribe here.