Worry is just another word for fear.
I could go on and on about where this is found in God's Word. Can you think of anything?
When we start to worry and fret about things, we need to remember this verse:
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (Philippians 4:6)
- That word careful there means to be anxious about: - (be, have) care (-ful), take thought.
- for nothing means- not even one (man, woman, thing): - any (man, thing), no (man), none, not (at all, any man, a whit), nothing, + without delay. (emphasis mine)
- In every thing we need to do this
- by prayer, supplication, and thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Notice, it said thanksgiving. So I believe, when we are tempted to be anxious, we need to stop and give God thanks, along with making supplication to God.
- When we believe that God will help us, it makes such a difference. That doesn't mean we will get whatever we want. It means we believe Him "...that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)
Here are some more verses to meditate on:
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Matthew 6:25-33)
And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. (Luke 12:29)
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. (Matthew 10:28-31)
He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. (Matthew 13:22)
Do you think because of being consumed with the cares of this world, we can become unfruitful?
Let us remember this:
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
I hope to make visits soon and see how you all are doing.